Monday, November 14, 2005

New PC completed and other updates

I've got lots of things on the go right now, hence the gap in posting here. I'm moving to a new role at Habanero Consulting Group, something that I'm very excited about and I'll go into more detail about it in a future post.

Since I'll be returning my home computer to my current employer, I had to step up plans for my new PC. Here is a list of the components that I selected:

- Antec P180 Enclosure with a TruePower 2.0 430W Power Supply
- MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU
- Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu CPU Cooler

- MSI NX6800GT-T2D256E Video Card
- 1GB of Kington HyperX PC3200 RAM

I haven't done a lot more with it than tweak a few settings, install MS Office and play a few games, but I am very happy with its performance. I downloaded Aquamark3 and 3DMark2005 to see objective performance numbers, but in playing FEAR and Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30, the video was very smooth at the highest settings. I can't wait to load Doom3 and see how it performs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home